Make sure to stop by and visit Rhoda & her friends at Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Monday. What were your finds this weekend, whether thrift stores or garage sales?
Here are the things I came across while visiting garage sales on Saturday with the kids. Yes, all 4. Hubby was at a golf tournament. Boy, was it a HOT day. The sweat is still pouring off me. Or as my Gran-mom would say...perspiration.
Ignore the lighting. It was too hot to go outside and photograph. For $40 (spent more this week than last week's $5) I got:
- A rug for in front of the kitchen sink
- Teacup & saucer (to hold birdseed in one of the potted plants outside)
- 2 brand new books for the children
- 2 sets of Scented Markers (not photographed...scooped away the moment we got home). One set had 30 Crayola markers, while the other set was 8 Harry Potter ones by Elmer. Strange scents in that pack...Dirt, Sardines, Quidditch (sp?) Field Grass...
- 2 Gumball machines...one on a stand, one tabletop
- Pottery Barn telephone (have always wanted one, but couldn't see myself spending $60-$80)
- Flag Box (my most excited find!!! These go for $58 at our local art supply store - I like to support local businesses - but, even if I had a coupon for a chain store it would cost at least $25-$30 ) I have been wanting a black one, but I'll sand & paint this one. It is for my great-aunt Charlotte's memorial flag
- Egg Dish
I hope everyone had a relaxing and COOL weekend!! :)