Here are some things I picked up this weekend from garage sales and a freecycler. So, how much did I spend?
$5!!! Can you believe it?
- The chair in its prime had to be gorgeous. I figure it can't be that hard to add some paint, nailheads, fabric and cushion. Right? I think this would look darling in the girls' room.
- The pig and sheep hooks are up for grabs. Since Bridget was my partner in crime she has first dibs on them. However, it appears that Gregory has been eyeing them. Maybe I can find a space near our front door for them.
- The snow mugs were 25 cents each for 8. Never used. She had a set of 12, but I did not need that many. I thought of Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch Our table settings are very juvenile. Hers are sooo beautiful! I thought the snow mugs with some blue plates would look very pretty in the winter. Considering we get NO snow.
- The tiny drawers I thought I could put in the girls' room or in the kitchen. Needs some TLC.
- LOTS of vases. I realized during Teacher Appreciation week I had given my vases away. I was going to wrap the flowers in a wet towel and then in aluminum foil but wasn't sure if they would make it to the end of the day. Instead I gave the teachers my vases to use. So, when a freecycler was offering up glasses vases I snatched them up. I picked up 2 others for 25 cents each. Maybe I'll try glass etching on them too, if I can get a Michael's coupon to purchase the etching creme. Look at these great ideas over at Living with Lindsey.
- Mason jar to put Morgan's paintbrushes in after she cleans them. She has some long paintbrushes, so she needed a tall jar. I was using a pretty cup from Mexico that the grandparents brought back, but it wasn't tall enough.
- A brass cup that I hope to paint and use for spare change, paper clips, etc.
- A planter for the pretty plant that Morgan's teacher gave me.
- Pretty milk bottle for my collection.
- Sundae dish. Not sure why...had an idea for it, but it doesn't appear it will work. Need to put my thinking cap back on.
- (not pictured) 3 cans of "mis"paint from Lowe's"T" for 25cents EACH! I got a cream, turquoisy blue, and meadow green. You can never have enough shades of paint.
Stop by and visit Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures.